Academic Biography

As a graduating senior, I can easily say the courses I took that related to sustainability not only shaped my educational experience at UGA but also changed my life. I am a philosophy and classical culture double major — majors I pursued because I thought they would best push me on the path towards enlightenment and understanding in how to live a meaningful life. I have always been passionate about philosophy, especially that of the Ancients, and wanted to pursue my passion. In doing so, I discovered a passion that went beyond myself and my own personal, somewhat selfish interests — I discovered sustainability and began working at UGA’s Office of Sustainability, where I developed the skills to encourage systemic change in social, environmental, and economic realms, all at once. After getting more involved in sustainability, I decided to add an environmental ethics certificate, as well as an ecology minor, in the hopes that this would help in my formal education around sustainability. I was incredibly, incredibly fortunate in that the sustainability certificate was passed in the same semester I graduated — fortunate both because I had the opportunity to assist in a lot of the certificate logistics, getting the program up and running after it was passed, and also because I will be able to obtain a certificate of my own, demonstrating my commitment to sustainable education and action. 

Other Interests

I enjoy reading, writing, hiking, cooking, yoga, gardening, being around loved ones, connecting with others through passionate conversation, and cats. I plan to pursue a career at an environmental non-profit in Chapel Hill, NC. One day, I would love to become a part of an eco-community whereby I can reduce (or even eliminate!) my footprint on our earth.